- Certificate of no impediment from the local registrar of marriages in the UK
(certificate of no-impediment is valid for 6 months)
- Birth certificate and passport
- A divorce or death certificate of previous spouse if married before
- Application to the relevant consulate in Turkey to initiate the formalities.
- The certificate of no impediment and certificate of identity and nationality obtained from the relevant consulate to be authenticated by the local Governor office in Turkey
- Application in person to the local marriage office to give notice of marriage, submit the certificates, complete necessary forms and fix a date for the marriage ceremony
- Solemnization of marriage (if the marrying parties do not speak Turkish, they are advised to arrange for an interpreter to be present during the ceremony)
- Notice to the relevant consulate to have the marriage registered in their country.
Notes: Foreign nationals in Turkey can also get married in their respective consulates if it is possible under their national law. However, if one of the parties is a Turkish citizen, marriage can only be solemnized by the Turkish authorities.