- Certificate of no impediment from the local registrar of marriages in the UK
- Birth certificate and passport
- A divorce or death certificate of previous spouse if married before
- Application to the relevant consulate in Turkey to initiate the formalities.
- The certificate of no impediment and certificate of identity and nationality obtained from the relevant registry office in the UK and approved by the relevant consulate in Turkey. (certificate of no-impediment is valid for 6 months)
- Application in person to the local marriage office together with the Turkish national to give notice of marriage, submit the certificates, complete necessary forms and fix a date for the marriage ceremony
- Other formalities to be pursued by Turkish fiancée concurrently
- Marriage ceremony
- Notice to the relevant consulate to have the marriage registered in the country of foreign national
Notes: Normal marriage age under Turkish law is 18. However, under special circumstances men and women below that age can get married with the permission of their parents, legal guardians or the relevant court.