Durable Power of Attorney for Finances

Durable Power of Attorney for Finances

I, [name] who resides at

[address], do hereby appoint

who resides at [address]

to act in the capacity of my agent. If this person should be unable to fulfill his/her

appointment due to death, illness or unwillingness, then I appoint

[name] who resides at [address] as

successor agent.

I grant the following powers and authority to my agent appointed above:

Power to execute generally:

To execute any written instrument regardless of the nature, including but not

limited to checks, contracts, agreements or drafts.

Power to make property transactions:

Regarding all property and property rights of mine, whether now or hereafter

owned by me or due to me, my attorney-in-fact shall have the power:

To receive income owed me on my property and to execute and deliver any

receipts, releases or discharges relating to this income.

To sell, lease, transfer or exchange any of my property as my attorney considers

appropriate at competitive prices and with any other terms and conditions as may be

required; and to execute and deliver any deeds, leases, powers of attorney or other

agreements or covenants that my attorney considers appropriate;

To make demand and to institute, maintain and prosecute, compromise, settle or

dismiss actions for the recovery, collection and receipt of any goods, chattels, debts,

claims, demands, rents, duties or choices in action due me, and to defend any action that

may be instituted against me;

To contract and pay for any services or goods required by my dependents or me.

Power to engage in banking and investing:

To engage in any banking transactions, including but not limited to signing my

name, and to withdraw money deposited in my name in any bank, including entering into

my safe deposit box, opening new accounts or closing accounts;

To pay any debt, claims and demands for which I may liable, and regardless of

how they are evidenced;

To sign, endorse, execute and deliver written instruments which I would at any

time execute or endorse, including but not limited to promissory notes, acceptances,

renew checks or other evidences of indebtedness;

To settle claims and demands for which I am liable, or which are due me, and

execute any written documents pertaining to these transactions including but no limited to

receipts, releases and discharges;

To grant extensions in situations including but not limited to debts owed me,

claims made by me or demands due me;

To invest my money in such loans, bonds, notes, common, preferred or other

stocks, securities, mortgages, annuities, real estate, partnership interests or other property,

real or personal, as my attorney considers appropriate;

To exercise, buy or sell any options or exchange conversion, and/or subscription

rights for any securities or other property; to vote securities; to consent to, or dissent

from, the reorganization, re-capitalization, consolidation, merger, liquidation or charter

amendment of any corporation or other organization, any of the securities of which may

at any time be held by me; to consent to, or dissent from, the sale, mortgage, pledge, lease

or distribution of any of the property of any such corporation or other property with any

protective, reorganization or similar committee, delegate discretionary power thereto and

pay and agree to pay related expenses and assessment; and in general to do any act with

reference to the matters in this paragraph which my attorney may deem necessary or

advisable in connection therewith, such as the granting of proxies, making of agreements

or subscriptions and the payment of expenses, assessments or subscriptions;

To borrow money for me from the attorney personally or others, upon any terms

and conditions, at any time or times, and for any purpose, all as my attorney considers

appropriate; and to execute and deliver any bond, note or other written evidence of debt,

and, as security therefore, to give any mortgage, deed of trust or other security instrument

as to any of my property and to endorse, assign, pledge and hypothecate any securities,

insurance policies or other tangible or intangible personal property;

Power to handle legal affairs:

To employ and compensate attorneys, accountants and other agents with personal

liability for neglect or wrongdoing of any of them selected with reasonable care;

To represent me before any administrative or judicial body in any proceeding;

Power to obtain insurance:

To effect insurance upon any property owned by me in any reasonable amounts

and on any reasonable terms my attorney considers appropriate; to sign an application or

other document to obtain such insurance; to surrender and rescind any insurance policy

obtained by either my attorney or me; and to assign any policy upon any of my property;


Power to pay taxes:

To execute any federal, state, county, municipal or other income, gift or property

tax returns or declarations of estimated tax and to exercise related options;

I give my attorney-in-fact full authority to perform every necessary and proper act

as fully as I could if personally present, with full power of substitution and revocation,

hereby ratifying and confirming all that my attorney-in-fact or substitute shall so lawfully

do. The rights, power and authority to my attorney-in fact that I now grant shall become

effective (choose one below):

as soon as I affix my signature to this document; or

upon my incapacity or disability, which shall be certified by two


Such rights, power and authority shall remain in force and effect until terminated

by written notice given by me to my attorney-in-fact.

If it becomes necessary for a court to appoint a guardian or a conservator for me, I

nominate my agent or successor agent named above to be guardian or conservator.

This power of attorney shall not be affected by disability of the principal. I intend

my attorney to have all of the foregoing powers irrespective of my capacity from time to

time to act for myself. I also intend that any action taken hereunder by my said attorney

in good faith after my death, but without actual knowledge of my death, and which is

otherwise valid and enforceable, shall inure to the benefit of myself and my heirs,

devisees and personal representatives.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand at ____________

[your signature], this _______________ day of ________________, 20___.

______________________________ _________________________________

Witness Signature

STATE OF ________________

COUNTY OF ______________, to wit:

I HEREBY CERTIFY that on this _________ day of _______________, 20 ____,

before me, the subscriber, a Notary Public in and for the State of _______________,

County of ___________________, personally appeared _____________________[name],

known to me or satisfactorily proven to be the person whose name is subscribed to the

within instrument, and acknowledged that s/he executed the same for the purposes therein


WITNESS my hand and notarial seal.


Notary Public

My commission expires: _________


The forgoing instrument was signed, published and declared by

as his/her Durable Power of Attorney for Finances in the presence of us and we, at his/her

request, and in his/her presence, and the presence of each other, have hereunto subscribed

our names as witnesses the day and year written above.








IMPORTANT NOTE: This sample legal document is provided for informational purposes only and may or

may not be valid in your particular state. This sample legal document also may not include the particular

provisions you need. We strongly recommend that you consult a competent family or estate planning

attorney who is familiar with these issues. This sample legal document in no way constitutes, and should

not be relied upon, as legal advice.

Overstaying in Turkey

According to the new regulation and a recent announcement by the Turkish Ministry of Interior, this entry ban will only be lifted in case the overstayed person applies to the Turkish missions abroad for the relevant type of visa such as work, family reunion, study, long term residence, meeting, conference, cultural activity etc.

The visa applications will be forwarded to the Turkish Ministry of Interior for approval and the relevant type of visa will be issued after the Ministrys instruction.

Once the visa is granted, then it is possible to travel to Turkey and pay the fine at the port of entry.

Pension Vesting can be?

Pensions not vesting. However, the borrower and the borrower in case of a pension to the vesting in that consent. Without the Executive Directorate’s sequestration by the borrower and is this sequestration removed, placed the retired salary. Retired Deputy Chief Executive of the removal of the debtor’s sequestration or imposed Directorate were internationally certified after attending should request. The Executive Directorate and with this reference to sequestration imposed is removed. Despite the reference of the Executive Directorate by the law of the Court placed on the retired officer, you can complain about the process of sequestration were left in the Executive.

Marriage Between Turkish and Foreign Nationals in the UK

Procedure and documents for registration of a marriage between a Turkish and foreign national in the UK are as follows:

First, you need to get in touch with the local registration office in the UK.

Turkish citizen needs to obtain a certificate of no impediment from his/her local registration office in Turkey through this Consulate General. To this end, s/he needs to apply to this Consulate General with his/her ID card (nüfus cüzdanı).

Following the marriage ceremony and having the marriage registered at the local registration office in the UK, Turkish national has to inform this Consulate General of his/her marriage within one month just after the marriage.

For the registration of marriage at this Consulate General, following documents have to be produced:

  • Marriage certificate and a photocopy
  • Full birth certificate of the foreign national and a photocopy
  • ID card of Turkish spouse (nüfus cüzdanı) and a photocopy
  • Postal fee (£6)
  • Please note that in the event that you fail to register your marriage with Turkish Consulate within a month following the ceremony before the British authorities, you will be liable to pay for a fine of £ 8.
  • A copy of foreign national’s passport, his/her father’s and mother’s name and his/her religion must also be communicated to the Consulate in writing.

Please note that foreign women marrying Turkish men in the UK may apply for Turkish citizenship after 3 years of marriage, if she intends to live in Turkey. The Republic of Turkey accepts dual nationality as long as bride’s country does not object it.

The Acquisition of Legacy in Turkey

The acquisition of any legacy in Turkey after the death of its owner, could be made through the courts by probate action upon the application of his relatives /heirs.

The heritage /estate/ property could only be passed to the heirs after a probate issued by the court of the province where the property is located.

Any legal action taken at the Courts of the UK (or any other country), could be applicable in Turkey only after the decision of a Turkish Court which recognizes and enforces the decision of the UK courts. Hence, a will could gain validity in Turkey after a decision issued by a court in Turkey.

A will is going to be valid in Turkey after some legal steps.

If one notifies his legal heirs (according to the will) about the existence of such a will, then they could follow up the matter after the death.
The probate letter /decision required to enforce a will in the UK, should be certified by the Legalization Department of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (apostille) and then in the Turkish Consulate before being presented to the relevant authorities in Turkey.
After its certification process, the probate should be presented to the Court in Turkey in order to enforce it. Once the decision from the Turkish Court is taken, the will also be valid in Turkey and could become applicable.

Turkish Law Faculties

The number of law faculties in Turkey has increased in recent years. This increase is naturally increased the number of lawyers. The Istanbul Bar Association Bar Association, the world’s largest number of members is around 30,000. Faculties of Law as a lawyer increased the number of natural increase. Graduates of the Faculty of Law in Turkey, lawyers, judges and prosecutors olmaktadırlar. These professions, except for top managers may have the right to access to the testing.
Turkey to become a lawyer;
1 -) Must have graduated from the Faculty of Law.
2 -) 1 year and successfully complete her internship.
Lawyers’ offices alone their being reported. Apart from this, there are opportunities to operate in the form of Law Firm.

Applying for Turkish Nationality

According to Turkish Nationality Act (numbered 403), a foreigner should meet the following requirements in order to apply for Turkish nationality.

He/She should be at the age of consent according to his/her national law (if he/she is not a citizen of any country, Turkish law is taken into consideration which requires 18 years old as the age of consent).
He/She should reside in Turkey for the last five years and should have the intention of settling in Turkey (This condition may not be applicable to those who are married to a Turkish national or those who are with Turkish origin).
He/She should be in good health.
He/She should speak Turkish.
He/She should have enough financial resources to support himself/herself and his/her family in Turkey.

If you meet the conditions above, you can apply to obtain Turkish nationality. Application can be made through this Consulate General or the local Governor’s office in Turkey with the following documents.

A document revealing the present nationality of the applicant, i.e. passport or birth certificate.
If married to a Turkish national, the official documents confirming the identities and family ties of the spouse and the under aged children.
Certification of applicant’s ability to speak Turkish (a certificate will be issued by this Consulate General upon a successful interview of the applicant).
A medical certificate confirming the applicant’s good health and being free from any infectious diseases that may endanger the public health (this certificate can be obtained from the local GP or family doctor).
4 photographs
Completed application forms which can be obtained from this Consulate General.
Certification and translation fees.
Administration fee.

Completed dossiers are transferred to the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Turkey, which in turn will consider and process the applications on their merits. The applicants will be informed of the outcome by this Consulate General in due course.

Transfer of a Deceased Turkish National to Turkey

If you like to transfer a deceased Turkish national to Turkey, please contact immediately with a company providing funeral services and then contact this Consulate General with the following documents;

ID Card (nufus cuzdani) and passport of the Turkish national.
Coroner Report
Death certificate to be obtained from local registration office.
Embalming certificate.
Non-Infection Certificate

Police Clearance Report

Foreign nationals who worked/lived for certain period of time in Turkey can obtain police clearance report from the relevant authority in Turkey through this Consulate General by sending the following documents & information by post to this Consulate General:

A copy of your passport
Application form filled in full
A self-addressed envelope
A brief letter specifying the reasons as to why do you need this report.
6 GBP Postal Fee (as a Postal Order made payable to the Turkish Consulate General)

British employers who intend to employ Turkish nationals in the UK can also apply to this Consulate General to obtain police clearance report for their prospective employees. They need to provide Turkish ID card, instead of passport, in addition to the preceeding ones.

Divorce Procedure for a Marriage Registered in Turkey

If a marriage between a Turkish and a British national was solemnized in the UK and then registered in Turkey or if a marriage between a Turkish and a British national was solemnized and registered in Turkey, regardless of divorce degree that may be a obtained in the UK, a suit of divorce should be filed in Turkey as well. To this end the following steps should be taken by the foreign national:

A solicitor in the UK will give Power of Attorney to an appointed solicitor in Turkey. The Power of Attorney should be apostilled by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Upon receipt of this Power of Attorney the appointed solicitor in Turkey will commence with divorce proceedings.